Tuesday, September 30, 2008

White Gourds


I finally got to participate in my favorite painter, Karin Jurick's new blog, different strokes by different folks. Each wednesday she posts a photo for whoever wants to take it and make a piece of art with it. Then you email her your work and she will post it on the blog with a link to your site, which is really nice of her! This is her fourth week and I finally had the chance to do it! I am very excited about it because gourds are something that I would normally paint, but the fact that they are on a gray background is HUGE for me. I always stick to bright colors and this showed me that I should really experiment more with the neutrals. It's amazing how many colors you can pull out of neutral colors when you really look at them!
Make sure to check her blog: www.differentstrokesfromdifferentfolks.blogspot.com

No comments: