Friday, September 26, 2008

Matt & Michelle's Silverware


I decided to do a silverware series this fall and before I got a chance to start it I wanted to do a painting for friends of mine that were getting married. Their colors in the kitchen are cobalt and stainless steel so in deciding what I wanted to paint them, I guess I just couldn't get silverware out of my head and it just seemed too perfect to do bright silverware on a cobalt background. So this is my first silverware piece. It is 12" x 12". It was fun to paint them giant. The rest of the silverware I have done since then have been closer to actual size so I'll have to find time to do some more giant ones!

1 comment:

Michydoy said...

Just a little note to let you know how much we love the painting!! And are proud to be owners of an Alyssa Watters original!!!! Thank you so much!!!

Love,
Michelle & Matt