Thursday, September 27, 2007

Porch Garden Lovin'



I love this painting, one of my best since the sunroom, I think. I was doing the dishes and I kept looking over at all my fresh picked tomatoes squeezed together on the counter. I couldn't get over the way the light when in and out of them and the variations in color since some were more ripe than others. I decided I had to paint them. I had already planned on painting something else, but I was just so inspired. It shows what can happen when you really are inspired to do something. I think this one's going in the illustration alumni show. oh and it's 6" x 12" by the way. I feel like the perfect size for the subject.

1 comment:

Jason Brockert said...

I havent checked the blog in awhile and the work seems to be growing each week and month. Keep it up and I'll pay closer attention!